For a description of the tool and its purpose, see:
- Martinez-Moyano, I. J. (2012), Documentation for model transparency. System Dynamics Review, 28: 199–208.
SDM-Doc is provided under a BSD open source license.
Two versions of the SDM-Doc tool are available:
- The Java version (ver 1.2.39, May 24, 2016).
- The .NET version (ver 5.0, Jul 23, 2014)
SDM-Doc/Java Version 1.2.39 (May 24, 2016)
The latest Java version provides a number of new enhancements to the original Java version 1.0. New capabilities include but not limited to:
- Stock and Flow Diagrams are included
- The model will be translated into pure Java
- The model will be executed to generate thumbnail graphs of variable values (provided model is runnable)
- Thumbnail variable value graphs can be included in report
- Loop detection is enhanced to allow for time and number of loops limitations
- Loop detection is enhanced to allow for automatic discovery of maximum loop length
- Loop reporting is enhanced to include variable pair loops in common
- Loop reporting is enhanced to include quick access to loop contents by variable
This release contains a few bug fixes for the previous version (version 1.2.36) including:
- changes to loop discovery to process larger models
The software is distributed as a Zip file. Simply download the Zip file appropriate for you operating system and extract the files onto your computer. Executable scripts are provided for running the tool.
Download the Windows-specific Zip file here.
Download the Unix-specific Zip file here. Note that the Unix-specific Zip does not include jre.
Download the latest SDM-Doc/Java User Guide here Note: a new version will be available shortly.
Download the latest SDM-Doc/Java Source Code here.
Sample output generated by the SDM-Doc tool:
- Handbook of Service Science Model by Oliva and Sterman (2010)
To provide feedback:
For more information:
Ignacio J. Martinez-Moyano, Ph.D.
Argonne National Laboratory